Harper James is a modern and pioneering law firm, with a unique business model and an innovative way of practising. Since our launch, we’ve experienced rapid growth and continue to receive strong demand for our services from new and existing clients.
Our clients are primarily (but not exclusively) venture capital backed companies, as well as investors such as VCs, business angels and crowd funding platforms. We also act for a number of AIM listed companies and other startups and SMEs.
Our client range is diverse and includes a significant number of ambitious, sector leading businesses who are exploiting new technology and creating new services to disrupt traditional markets.
What We’re Looking For
We offer full time, flexible and freelance roles for lawyers who want to leverage our model and a way of working to build their own client relationships, but we can also offer lots of work to keep you busy.
As an organisation, we’re well suited to experienced, independently-minded lawyers who are seeking a flexible and rewarding way to practice either from home, or from one of our offices on a freelance basis and who are ready to take accountability for their own work and who are capable of developing mutually beneficial relationships with our clients and colleagues.
What We Offer
- Quality, interesting work from our clients, ranging from technology start-ups to PLCs.
- IT software required to do your job, from Microsoft Office to our cloud based practice management software, including remote IT support and training.
- Opportunities to maintain your continuing professional development and receive additional training via leading third -party providers at reduced rates.
- Open and free access to junior legal staff and administrative support to help you deliver a first class service.
- Administration, marketing and clerical support – our Sheffield based central support team deals with all non-fee earning aspects of running a successful practice, including administration, invoicing, compliance/regulatory and banking. We also have a dedicated sales and marketing function.
- We provide everything else, from professional indemnity insurance, legal resources such as PLC to marketing materials. In fact, all you need is a clean practising certificate, mobile phone and laptop to work with us!
We offer our full time and part time staff market-leading remuneration in proportion to that offered by leading national and regional firms.
We provide our freelance lawyers with a genuine opportunity to generate a significant and guaranteed long-term income, in an environment where your autonomy and professional abilities are respected and you’re encouraged to flourish and develop your practice.
Equally important, we’re completely transparent in the way we operate. We’ll also make sure you won’t be left waiting for your invoices to be paid.
Our Current Vacancies
Please visit our current vacancies page to see the latest roles we’re hiring – or email our recruitment manager – email@example.com if you’re interested in joining us.